The Mission of The Church of the Epiphany (revised 09/2012): to worship God, to love, pray and care for one another, and to act as the Body of Christ in the community and the world.
Called to worship God
- Through the weekly celebration of Eucharist, and the office of morning prayer
- In the liturgy passed down from Christians before us, with participation of all the people, especially our young acolytes
- By raising our voices in song and praise, corporately, and in our special choirs
- By gathering in our gifts, the fruits of our daily labor
Called to love, pray and care for one another
- By our connection to one another by neighborhood groups where the joys and concerns of daily life can be known, shared and addressed
- in our commitment to form one another in the practices of prayer and Bible study
- In our concern to welcome newcomers into the life of our parish
- Through our work to educate our youth and adults in the teachings of the Christian faith
Called to act as the Body of Christ in the community and the world.
- Through our ministry to the Batwa Pygmies in Southwest Uganda
- In our concern for the youth of our community
- By our TEAM approach to the needs of local individuals and families in need
- Through our intergenerational mission trips to share with others different from ourselves who are in need